Virginia Council for Mathematics Supervision
The Virginia Council for Mathematics Supervision (VCMS) is an organization of mathematics leaders in the state of Virginia. The mission of VCMS is to support and encourage excellence and equity in mathematics education at the school, division, and state levels.
The purpose of VCMS is to:
1. promote and support high standards of instruction and learning of mathematics for all;
2. provide opportunities for discussion around current research issues, trends, programs, policy and practice in mathematics education;
3. collaborate with stakeholders in the education community, to include the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE), National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics (NCSM), Virginia Mathematics and Science Coalition (VMSC), Virginia Council of Teachers of Mathematics (VCTM), and institutes of higher education, to strengthen leadership for mathematics education;
4. provide opportunities for the enrichment of mathematical knowledge and pedagogical content knowledge, and the development of leadership skills;
5. promote the importance of designated mathematics education leaders at all levels;
6. promote networking and provide opportunities for the exchange of ideas and information among members; and
7. recognize outstanding mathematics leaders.