Virginia Council for Mathematics Supervision
The Virginia Council for Mathematics Supervision (VCMS) is an organization of mathematics leaders in the state of Virginia. The mission of VCMS is to support and encourage excellence and equity in mathematics education at the school, division, and state levels.
Join us for our Spring 2016 Conference!
Friday, April 8, 2016
Richmond Marriott West
4240 Dominion Boulevard
Glen Allen, Virginia 23060
Visit our Conferences page after March 1st to register.
1. Promote and support high standards of instruction and learning of
mathematics for all;
2. Provide opportunities for discussion around current research issues, trends,
programs, policy and practice in mathematics education;
3. Collaborate with stakeholders in the education community, to include the
Virginia Department of Education (VDOE), National Council of Supervisors of
Mathematics (NCSM), Virginia Mathematics and Science Coalition (VMSC),
Virginia Council of Teachers of Mathematics (VCTM), and institutes of higher
education, to strengthen leadership for mathematics education;
4. Provide opportunities for the enrichment of mathematical knowledge and
pedagogical content knowledge, and the development of leadership skills;
5. Promote the importance of designated mathematics education leaders at all
6. Promote networking and provide opportunities for the exchange of ideas and
information among members; and
7. Recognize outstanding mathematics leaders.